SMRC Rising Stars Programme
We are delighted to announce the re-launch of the SMRC Rising Stars programme for 2020, which aims to support Sottish drivers showing potential to succeed in the sport.
Six up and coming drivers will be selected for the Rising Stars programme, which aims to raise their profile and provide them with some of the tools required to progress within the sport.
The Rising Stars will be selected via an application process and will benefit from the following:
- A masterclass session on Sponsorship and their own development planning.
- Two complimentary coached sessions on the SMRC simulator
- Rising stars merchandise (soft shell and sports top)
- A Rising Stars badge to be worn on their race suit
- A profile under the new Rising stars section of the website
The successfully selected Rising Stars, will be presented with their new kit at the annual Awards Dinner on 23 November.
Any current club member can apply to become a Rising Star, regardless of age; we are looking for drivers who are currently competing in an SMRC championship and who are showing potential to progress in motorsport. In addition, we will reserve one place on the programme for an up and coming kart racer (aged 14 or over) who need not necessarily be a SMRC member at the moment.
The programme is being funded thanks to entry fee proceeds from the Martin Ramsay Trophy race, on 6th October. The race celebrated the life of reigning XR2 Champion, Martin Ramsay. Martin was passionate about both motorsport and developing other people, so the SMRC Rising Stars initiative is a fitting tribute to him.
The deadline for applications will be 5:00 pm on the 1st November.
The application form can be found below:
SMRC RISING STARS APPLICATION
Competition is high, with a limited number of places available. This programme is reserved for drivers demonstrating potential to succeed and progress within the sport.
There are 5 places reserved on the programme for current SMRC competitors and 1 place for an up and coming Scottish kart racer.
- Be either a;
- Current member of the Scottish Motor Racing Club
- A Scottish kart racer
- At least 14 years of age
- Hold a Motorsport UK Competition Licence
- Be regularly competing in Scottish championship level events
- Applicants must not be an existing or past member of the SMS Academy or Motorsport UK Academy programmes
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve excellence in motorsport
- Demonstrate high levels of compliance and desire to develop and progress in the sport
- Applications are open until 17:00hrs on 1st November 2019
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 8th November 2019
- You must attend the SMRC Awards Dinner on 23 November, to be announced as a 2020 Rising Star on stage
- You must attend all Rising Star programme events in 2019
- You must wear the SMRC Rising Stars badge on your race suit throughout 2020, with the expectation that you will continue to do so beyond 2020.
- You must be a positive ambassador for the club and programme
If you are interested in applying for this programme please complete the following application form.