Jim Clark Museum Road Trip
Saturday 2 November
We have arranged a bespoke Jim Clark Museum road trip for members and friends to visit the recently extended and re-opened Museum in Duns. Starting from Edinburgh, the offering includes: a route map, museum tour, lunch at the new Jim Clark Bistro, a talk from Doug Niven (Jim Clark’s cousin), a visit to the Jim Clark memorial Clock in Chirnside and a stop off at Soutra Coffee House on the way home.
We can accommodate up to 10 cars on the trip, with two people in each. It’s not a competition; just a leisurely day out to visit the magnificent new version of the museum and enjoy some good company. Parking will be available close by and the new bistro is walking distance.
- 9.00 am start from The Steading at Hillend next to the A720 Edinburgh by-pass.
- Mapped out route to and from Duns and back
- Collect 3 clues on the way – details on the day!
- Entry to the Jim Clark Museum.
- Meet with Jim Clark’s cousin and former Ingliston racer, Doug Niven.
- Soup/sandwich lunch at the new Jim Clark Café Bistro in Duns.
- Visit the Jim Clark Memorial Clock and grave in Chirnside, Jim’s home town.
- Afternoon tea/coffee & cake at Soutra Coffee House on return trip.
- Finished by 4.30 pm.
All-inclusive price – £30 per head.
For further information and to book, contact Mike How on firstname.lastname@example.org